Saturday, January 1, 2011

The cat mentality

I have a cat named Johnny (pronounced Joanie - another story for another day) who has a tummy time clock.  When it's time to eat, IT'S TIME TO EAT and he is very vociferous about this.  If I'm not up by 7 a.m., he is in my face meowing.  He doesn't start with gentle purrs or face pats and then progress to "shouting", he just starts meowing loudly for all the world to hear.  And I get up and feed him, every time. 

I guess my reason for telling this story is that this is how I feel in the mornings, especially mornings I don't have to be anywhere, no schedule to keep.  I wake up shouting (not literally of course) to eat and snacking ensues because I don't feel like fixing a proper breakfast. 

I'm guessing this is something I need to work on.  In fact, today is Saturday (no schedule for me), January 1st, 2011 (the first day of a new year) and Johnny has been fed...so what better time to go take care of me. 

This, I think, will be my first resolution of the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment