Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tools

I have a tendency to really, really over think things to the point that nothing gets done.  I don't mean to but I am a procrastinator and I guess this is one of the ways I have of procrastinating. 

Today, I almost went down that road again.  Today, I purchased a "few" personal tools to help me with my weight loss:
  • A composition notebook for recording foods and feelings 
  • A three ring binder and paper to list tips and tools, recipes, and exercise information  
  • A 16-pack of colored Sharpies (a wonderful buy at $4.99 plus I love markers and lots of color)
  • A small calendar for the bathroom to write my weight on and to provide morning inspiration
  • A perpetual calendar for the refrigerator so I can make notes to myself regarding food, positive tidbits, and other stuff (to be determined as I think of it) 
  • Oh, and a pack of multicolor index cards with a nifty purple index card holder for exactly what, I don't know but I'm thinking of how I can use them (I've also enlisted the help of one sister to help with discovering what to do with these). 
I think I like the IDEA of using the gadgets more than ACTUALLY using them.  The difference is that this time, I have every intention of using my new tools in every way possible to help lose weight and get in shape.  If nothing else, hands busy playing with all my new stuff are hands NOT busy putting food in my mouth.

Yes, things are different this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment